Sunday, April 17, 2011

CED0599 Culminating Experience Week Three

Yes... I'm a little behind on my Culminating Experience. Why? There have been a few technical problems associated with iMovie, of all things. The version I've used for the passed six years is the older version, which has some features that Final Cut Express has. My MacBook Pro has the newer version, iMovie 09. Although I see improvements with the new version, such as transition manipulation and general ease of use, Apple has taken away a key and necessary feature: the time-line that more easily manipulates both audio and video components as separate entities. The new iMovie combines them, which means alteration is more difficult. Why do they do this? "If it's not broke, don't fix it." Learning to work around this problem is going to take some time. At this point, I feel the solution is to use multiple platforms or to simply realize the limitations with the new version.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Starting in 1979, I have 10 years of full-time professional lighting experience for film and television; the majority of the experience is mainly television. I’ve probably lighted every situation possible from commercials to promotionals, news stories, talk shows, and an assortment of other genres or story forms. Since 1990, I have kept my lighting skills sharp by lighting part-time on a freelance level. At the same time, I have also periodically lighted theatrical venues on a contractual basis. From 1979 and until early 2009, I was an I.A.T.S.E., Local 18 member.