Sunday, April 3, 2011

CED0599 Culminating Experience Week One

This week has been a reality check. I've realized that my thoughts were bigger than the three and a half weeks time-line. As a result, I've decreased the project work by a little more than one quarter. The project will still take somewhere between 40 and 50 hours to complete, but I'll probably end up with a few less headaches due to streamlining.

What is particularly appealing about this assignment is that I'll be able to use ALL the materials in my Media classroom. A main focus of my eStory unit is student accountability. Tests and rubrics are going to be more detailed and hopefully explicit. Normally, I have all major assignments based upon 100 possible points, but not this time. Although I have tested students on some of the terms and ideas, the tests here will now expect a deeper understanding of the unit components.

2 comments:

  1. I, too, am making lessons to be used in my classroom. I also had to scale mine down to 1/4 of what I was planning to do. I am going to use the summer to finish the rest of this project as I feel it's instrumental to the changes I'm making to my curriculum for next year. I am excited to have some new, exciting technology incorporated into my class to teach about Internet Safety. What is your project about? What web tools are you going to use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are doing this, so I can learn from it. I switched my focus to Moodle. Focusing a bit and keeping it narrow will definitely help us all succeed.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

Starting in 1979, I have 10 years of full-time professional lighting experience for film and television; the majority of the experience is mainly television. I’ve probably lighted every situation possible from commercials to promotionals, news stories, talk shows, and an assortment of other genres or story forms. Since 1990, I have kept my lighting skills sharp by lighting part-time on a freelance level. At the same time, I have also periodically lighted theatrical venues on a contractual basis. From 1979 and until early 2009, I was an I.A.T.S.E., Local 18 member.